Saturday, May 25, 2013

Luscious

Sunday Scribbling: Prompt - Luscious

I asked my husband what he thought of when he heard the word luscious. His response was, "full lips, large hips and well rounded breasts". Why does that not surprise me?  It's a man's interpretation of  a sexy woman, which I am not, now that youth has left me behind. 

So, now I am left feeling somewhat disappointed.  The right answer might have been,  "Hun, when I hear the word luscious, I think of you." 

Sulking, I put on my frumpy apron and continue to wash dishes.  Okay, so I've put on a few pounds.  I'm not a chickadee or a pole dancer, but I can close my eyes and and be that luscious voluptuous woman thirty years ago, when the curves of my body caught every man's eye. Today, I have to correct my posture so my breasts can defy the the pull of gravity that naturally comes with age.

Somewhere in my night chest is a ten year slinky leather corset that I might be able to squeeze myself into.  I could a sign across my chest reminding my husband, "Lil Annie" also had a nick name, "Annie Fannie."  I could walk in with five inch heels, my face painted with red luscious lipstick and a look that kills.

Then, with a side glance, I look at my husband of thirty years wondering if he periodically tries to remember the man he use to be.  Does he see the dashing young man with the sparkle in his eyes whose magnetism attracted every woman he met, including me? 

I put the dishes down.  Crawling into his lap, I smile, then whisper to him, "let's call it a night and go to bed". 

He pecks at me on the cheek, slaps me on the behind, and follows me in the bedroom. "Okay Annie, what did you have in mind?". 

As i close the door, I dim the lights and tell him, "Did I ever tell you, about "Annie Fannie?"    







No comments: